2.08.2012

Life and Death and Television

Once again proving my eerie prescience in the world of television criticism, the term I coined just a week ago--"Post-LOST America"--makes an appearance (more or less; they say "post-LOST world." I guess journalism at large is just that much more global than I am) in an actual, genuine, real-internet-world article.

I haven't seen The River. I don't expect I will ever see The River, because I imagine it will get canceled before I even have a chance to see it. That's the state of the world we live in: Every new pilot comes with a death sentence. If not after a few episodes, then most likely after the first season. Not that this is new or anything, mind you. Series that survive beyond a year are, and always have been, rarities, but it's at least a credit to the powers that be that more and more of them are getting at least a year to try something outside of the box.

Good luck, The River, and godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for watching me watch. Your comment will be approved shortly, unless you are a robot, in which case, I have a message for you: You are a robot. You could be doing so many more interesting things than spamming. Good day.